Monday, November 7, 2011

This is my beef stir fry creation that I made this evening. I got the recipe on allrecipies. com: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/steak-stir-fry-2/detail.aspx

The only thing I did different than the recipe is I added more ginger to my liking and I did a frozen veggie blend of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Threw in some peas and a few shakes of oyster sauce and voila! I love these types of recipes because you can add whatever you want, just as long as you stick to your original recipe. I've eaten my fair share of asian food to figure out what can and cannot go together. That's the beauty of cooking, can't really do that with baking, unless it's add-ins like nuts or chocolate etc...

I'm going to start posting and writing about the foods I make or try at restaurants. I love talking about food and sharing my experiences with other people so that they too can be inspired to get out of their comfort zone and try something new.


3 comments:

  1. I made stir fry tonight too! For some reason mine is always mushy! I want it to be nice and glazed with a little bit of "burntness!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mae! Can you do a post about those yummy cookies you made for Brad's bday'? I wanna make them! : )

    Hope all is well in WA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen! do you remember what cookies they were? maybe snicker doodles? remind me and I'll post the recipie! :)

      Delete